db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: Grant and Revoke ... DERBY-464...
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 06:31:59 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I couldn't have said these better... Thanks Dan!&nbsp; While the discussion
has been good about what else Derby could use, Francois, let me know if
you have any comments about current spec.<br>
Regarding "Long term" plans, as defined by DB project, I wonder what
other enhancements DerbyDev folks are working on. I would like to know
what else could be expected in the next 6 months. Some of other
development efforts I know are:<br>
<ol>
  <li>JDBC 4.0 Stub implementation</li>
  <li>Unary Plus/Minus.</li>
  <li>Code sharing proposal.<br>
  </li>
  <li>Optimizer hints</li>
  <li>Timeout support in Derby client.<br>
  </li>
  <li>Grant/Revoke in Derby</li>
  <li>I18 support and SQLStates for Derby client messages.<br>
  </li>
</ol>
There have been several other proposals, not sure if they are being
developed though. Now, this could use a WIKI. <span
If there is any interest in seeing this info on a WIKI, I could set
this up...<br>
Satheesh<br>
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://db.apache.org/decisions.html">http://db.apache.org/decisions.html</a>

&lt;quote&gt;
Long term plans are simply announcements that group members are working
on particular issues related to the Project. These are not voted on, but
Committers who do not agree with a particular plan, or think that an
alternative plan would be better, are obligated to inform the group of
their feelings.
&lt;/quote&gt;
  </pre>
  <pre wrap="">