db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: licensing issue
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 20:59:25 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Hi Jean and Francois,
> Thanks for your responses. Francois, the name of the class is
> SQLDirectory; I have a copy of this code and it doesn't contain a
> copyright notice.
> Jean, thanks for your suggestion. I don't know why the code isn't
> checked into the Lucene sandbox; I think the code is a little raw; maybe
> the sandbox didn't exist when this class first appeared. I will follow
> up with legal-discuss.

I'd suggest first nailing down the Lucene story.

If it turns out Lucene doesn't want to check that file in for whatever
reason and derby-dev decides it wants to add it to Derby's repo, we
could then pursue the legal fine points. According to
http://www.apache.org/foundation/mailinglists.html, legal-discuss is
only open to committers, though the mail archives are available to all.
And from what I gather from other list traffic, they'd like us to
resolve any questions first on our PMC, if possible.

View raw message