db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: Regression test errors: 'AccessControlException' and 'NoClassDefFoundError': 'SanityManager'
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:27:19 GMT
Ole Solberg wrote:

> I have copied .zip files of those directories for three of the platforms
> to http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/Debugging/

Thanks Ole, that enabled me to see what was going on and actually it's a
bug in the test harness. The tests at Sun are run in a directory like:

Java user dir:

The test harness for multi tests is creating a log file based off that
path, but is getting confused by the '.', assuming that is the lead in
to a suffix. Thus it comes up with a log file of:

which is outside the user.dir (current directory) and so of course,
correctly, permission has not been granted to create that file.

It all passed for me because I was not running with a '.' in the path of
my current directory.

View raw message