db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Trouble with release instructions and md5sum.exe
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2005 14:53:13 GMT
>> java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: \marsden\bin\md5.ksh
>> D:\svn\opensource\10.1/tools/release/db-derby-10.1.2.0-bin.zip  error=193

I think this is Ant's (and Windows's) way of trying to tell you
that "md5.ksh" is not an executable file.

The <exec> task in Ant can only directly run things that are truly
Windows executable files, such as .exe, .bat, and .cmd files.

Possible solutions include:
1) Write a .bat file which wraps md5.ksh by invoking it using the
cygwin shell. Then change your Ant script to run the .bat file versus
the .ksh file
2) Figure out what actual command string the md5.ksh was going to
eventually run, by running the script by hand and echoing the actual
commands that it runs. Then change your Ant script to run those
commands.
3) Change your Ant script to run the Cygwin shell (which is an actual
executable), then pass the md5.ksh command line to that shell as the
'-c' argument (I think).

No matter what, you'll want to do this in a conditional fashion so that
you run the current technique on non-Windows systems, and the new
technique on Windows sytems, by detecting the operating system type.

You can do that with some pretty simple stuff like:

  <condition property="common.isUnix">
        <os family="unix"/>
     </condition>

     <condition property="common.isWindows">