db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Trouble with release instructions and md5sum.exe
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2005 13:38:37 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On Oct 21, 2005, at 10:16 PM, Kathey Marsden wrote:
>
> I'm not sure what example we should put into the wiki, since this
> problem would appear to be specific to Cygwin. Perhaps a better
> general recommendation for how to generate MD5 hashes in Windows
> would be appropriate.

Thanks Andrew and Francois for the help.  Switching to a batch file got
me through this trouble.  The forward slashes in the propertes were ok
and got switched around by ant (or somebody).    If the build scripts
were switched to use md5sum instead of md5 that would be more portable
and probably eliminate any need for windows special advise, since md5sum
seems generally available on both unix and Windows.  But I'll add that
to the review.

Kathey