db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Voting and comments
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 23:23:58 GMT
I do want to express one frustration with the voting process.  It seems
that although I get some feedback, I can't seem to get all the comments
I need on a proposal until *after* I call for a vote.  I had this
proposal online for over two weeks, and it wasn't until after I called
for a vote that I started getting some meaty comments from everyone.

So that means I have to adjust the proposal and the vote basically has
to be rejected.    I really dislike this, I don't like having to have
vote after vote as I try to refine the proposal.

Does anyone have any ideas how a vote submitter can get the feedback
they need *prior* to calling for a vote?  I really would prefer a vote
to be a "stamp of approval" on a discussion that has already been worked
through.

Maybe we can have something like "PRE-VOTE" where people know that this
is coming in for a vote and they should get their comments in *prior* to
the call for vote?

Thanks,

David