db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: 10.1.2 release schedule
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:02:22 GMT
OK it looks like 10.1.2 is a wrap in terms of content.  Please hold off
on more checkins to the 10.1 branch until the candidate is posted.
Thanks to everyone who contributed.   The contest winners are Philip
Wilder and  Knut Anders Hatlen.  Please email me your mailing address
and I will send out your chocolate straight away.

Here is what I plan to put in the CHANGES file.  I think just a link to
the release notes is sufficient instead of listing out the individual fixes.
Let me know right away if you see any trouble with this.

The changes in the Derby release since the official 10.1
release include.

    - Globalization of  the 10.1 error messages.
    - Eclipse 3.1 support
    - Ability to run on  on MAC  with no special configuration
    - Support for direct execution of derbynet.jar using the -jar option
of the VM.
    - Fixes to allow databases to be loaded from jars in the classpath
    - Fixes to improve J2ME  support.
    - Fixes to improve security manager support.
    - Fixes to resolve many other bugs and product issues.

For a complete list of changes in the release see the release notes:

View raw message