db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Lance J. Andersen" <Lance.Ander...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Question about setTransactionIsolation in network client driver
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:11:47 GMT
The JDBC javadocs indicate the following

*Note:* If this method is called during a transaction, the result is
implementation-defined.

Unfortunately many of the corner-cases such as this will vary from
vendor to vendor so the best thing to do is avoid this type of behavior
in your apps if you are concerned about portability.

We have tried where we can in JDBC 4 to clarify issues such as this to
at least let you know if your milage may vary and if it hurts, dont do
it ;-)