db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Sunitha Kambhampati <ksunitha...@gmail.com>
Subject some test failures on 10.1 codeline
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:27:05 GMT
Hi All,

I merged one of my changes and  ran derbyall on my local 10.1 codeline
with insane classes.
Following four tests failed ( and I think they are not related to my
changes)
derbyall/derbyall.fail:i18n/JapanCodeConversion.sql
derbyall/derbyall.fail:i18n/iepnegativetests_ES.sql
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:tools/importExport.java
derbyall/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:tools/importExport.java

The first two are related to the updated translation messages checkin
and seem like master updates and that is OK.

The importExport.java test is what I am concernced about.  The diff is

*** Start: importExport jdk1.4.2 DerbyNetClient
derbynetmats:derbynetmats 2005-10-18 23:35:13 ***
16 del
< The exception 'java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError' was thrown while
evaluating an expression. SQLSTATE: XJ001: Java exception: ':
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError'. SQLSTATE: XJ001: Java exception:
'access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission charsetProvider):
java.security.AccessControlException'.
16a16
 > An IOException occurred while writing data to the file.
Test Failed.

I dont see anything interesting in other logs except in derby.log where
writing data to file on export is throwing the IOException.

But when I reran these tests individually, they passed  OK.

Has anyone else come across this ?   I am re-running only the
derbynetclientmats suite  to see if this test will fail or not.

Thanks,
Sunitha.