db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Feedback on DerbySnapshotOrRelease wiki page
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:18:51 GMT
Thanks Andrew for posting the release information to:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease

I took a brief look and have these initial comments.

For the release, I think it would be good to include some information on
bumping the version such as
     - bumping the third digit before creating  the first  bugfix
release candidate.
     - bumping the third digit to remove the alpha flag.
     - bumping the version after release candidates are made.
      - turning off the beta flag.

Should there be information on creating a release branch for major releases?

You had mentioned some  fixes that needed to be merged to 10.1 for the
snapshot target to work properly.

Andrew said ..
>There were recently two problems regarding the sanity state that were
fixed, revision 234508 (DERBY-527) and revision 225581. These >fixes
should be ported to the 10.1 branch

I think these fixes are probably needed for the the snapshot target to
work properly.

That's all for now.

Thanks

Kathey