db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: java.security.PrivilegedActionException running a new unit test in the jdbcapi suite
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 23:12:17 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> A week and a half ago, my new CompatibilityTest ran cleanly under
> derbyall. Now, however, it raises the following exception. Are there
> some new spells I need to mutter before adding a new test to the jdbcapi
> suite?

In theory no.

Currently only the JVM that is running the network server gets a
security manager installed, which is how it has been for a long time.
The only change I have made so far is to switch the policy file to
derby_tests.policy instead of netsvr.policy. So I'm a little unclear how
the client is getting an exception, unless it's coming from the server side.

Can you saee if there is any information in the various logs, and I'm
not sure how this test is using the harness, can you explain that or run
the harness with -Dverbose=true?

I'm working on changes to make all tests run with the security manager
(including an opt-out option), but none of that code has been committed yet.

Dan.