db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject 10.1.2 update
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:03:10 GMT

Believe it or not this week is the last week to check in bug fixes for
the 10.1.2 release.  All fixes should be checked into the 10.1 branch by
this *Friday, October 21*.  Then,  I  will post the release candidate
and  voting and testing can begin.  Our current date to complete testing
and voting is October 28,.

For complete list of what's in the release, contest frontrunner
information and other release info see:
http://people.apache.org/~kmarsden/tenOneTwoRelease.html

Outstanding issues:
The outstanding bugs marked for 10.1.2  are listed at:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=10594&fixfor=12310270

-  Are there any other fixes that should be included in the 10.1.2 ?
-  Does anyone see any issues with the Friday date?
- Jeff, will the doc issues (DERBY-486 and DERBY-566) be fixed for  this
release?
-  Does October 28th seem too aggressive to complete voting and testing
if a candidate is posted October 22?

I think there are really lots of great fixes in 10.1.2 and it represents
a significant quality improvement for Derby.   Thanks to all who have
contributed.   Please consider performing some testing and voting on the
release candidate when it comes out.

Kathey