db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject [Fwd: Re: derbynet/getCurrentProperties.java fails]
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:22:31 GMT

Deepa Remesh wrote:

> Thanks Ole for posting the files.
>
> I did not catch this problem when I ran tests because I was using
> trunk/classes to run tests. When I tried with jars, the tests failed
> on my machine too. On looking at  derby_tests.policy, the policy for
> running with classes covered writes to derby.system.home directory.
> But for derbynet.jar, permission to write to derby.system.home was not
> in the policy. I have added that and now the test
> derbynet/getCurrentProperties.java passes with jars. I am attaching
> the patch for policy file with this mail. If there are any comments,
> please let me know. I will upload it to JIRA once tests finish.

Why does derbynet.jar need to write to ${derby.system.home}?

I'll add comments to the file that added permissions need comments as to
why they are added.

The policies granted to the classes directory is a super-set of the
permissions granted to the other jars, but that does not imply a
permission granted to the classes is applicable for a specific jar.

Dan.