db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: downloads on website - newer snapshots/jars/dev?
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:12:45 GMT
scott hutinger wrote:

> I saw the wiki Andrew McIntyre wrote this morning:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease
> Very nice.
>
> Also the newer snapshot from Oct 5th is very nice too :-)  Should
> snapshots be a fuzzy rule that some specific people/person follows
> svn/jira or could it be a monthly type of release(or some other
> delta/time period)?

Not sure what you mean about the 'follows svn/jira', I think a snapshot
can go up any time it can provide value to users.

> I'm sorry if a portion of this was already setup in
> your snapshot jar  email description, but I am still looking for that.

Here it is, it's not that exciting. :-)

> I wonder if while you are there, you could expand/clarify the role of
> the snapshot. The current text is
>
> 'The snapshots listed below, including the Eclipse plug-in, contain
> Derby jars that aren't part of an official Derby release.'
>
> Maybe replace with something like, feel free to reword:
>
> 'Snapshot jars provide early access to bug fixes and/or features but are
> not offical release jars. Snapshots usually have passed functional tests
> on a couple of platforms.'

I sent this to derby-dev on 9/27, but the new interface on the mail
archives seems fairly useless for finding an individual message, so I
gave up finding the actual link.

Dan.