db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: DERBY-516 patch and JUnit download
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:05:41 GMT
David W. Van Couvering wrote:

> Hi, Rick.  I am working on reviewing and hopefully ultimately committing
> your patch for the compatibility tests (DERBY-516).  I noticed in
> BUILDING.txt that you are asking to download a specific version of JUnit
> from http://www.junit.org.

Why is a specific version needed? If there's no obvious requirement for
a specific version then the instructions should indicate that it has
been tested with version X but any version >= X should work.

I know for downloads like jikes a specific version is needed because the
later versions have some bug that stops it compiling Derby.

Dan.