db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Proposal about creating shared component (Re: Questions about what is module to be shared (Re: Discussions on Wik ... ))
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:32:56 GMT
Hi, Kathey.  I have seen in the code and from various emails the concern
of "client bloat."  I don't have the background so I'm sure I'm missing
something.

I can understand wanting to keep the code base small for J2ME, but my
understanding is that doesn't involve client/server.  What's the need to
keep the client small since it won't be found in J2ME environments?

Thanks,

David