db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Proposed change for DERBY-569
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 23:30:37 GMT
Bryan Pendleton wrote:

> -bash-2.05b$ diff ClientThread.orig ClientThread.java
> 85c85,86
> <
> parent.consolePropertyMessage("DRDA_ConnNumber.I",
> ---
> >                               if (parent.getLogConnections())
> >
> parent.consolePropertyMessage("DRDA_ConnNumber.I",
>
> I think this is a reasonable fix, as derby.drda.logConnections seems
> like an appropriate property to use to control this log message.
>
> Can you please have a look at this change and consider whether it would
> be acceptable to incorporate back into the main source?

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for contributing back to Derby.  That change looks good to me
for  the trunk.
Once committed it might make sense to have a Jira entry to mention this
change in the release notes for 10.2.

There is a little bit of overhead to start contributing which I hope you
will find well worth it, since it will mean you won't have to
forward port the changes you are making for your 10.1 copy.    Instead
of unzipping the source you can  check it out with svn and make a patch
which you can attach to the Jira entry.

 See:
http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html#Development+trunk
http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_comm.html#Contribute+Code+or+Documentation

ASF desires that all contributors fill out an Individual Contributor
License Agreement.
http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

In Jira, you can  be granted developer status  if you don't have it by
simply sending a request to derby-dev.

And that's it.

Welcome!

Kathey