db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Proposed change for DERBY-569
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:23:19 GMT
DERBY-569 is my current "itch", so I am exploring scratching it.

Following the suggestion made by Oystein Grovlen in the comments
at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-569, I have been
experimenting with letting derby.drda.logConnections also turn
off logging of connections to the console.

I think that a 1-line change to org.apache.derby.impl.drda.ClientThread
will do the trick quite nicely:

-bash-2.05b$ diff ClientThread.orig ClientThread.java
85c85,86
<                               parent.consolePropertyMessage("DRDA_ConnNumber.I",
---
 >                               if (parent.getLogConnections())
 >                                   parent.consolePropertyMessage("DRDA_ConnNumber.I",

I am working with version 10.1.1.0, so the line numbers in the diff
are with respect to the version of ClientThread.java in 10.1.1.0.

I have made this change in my local environment and it appears to have
the desired affect:
  - the "Connection number: NNN" messages are turned OFF by default
  - the messages appear if derby.drda.logConnections=true is set in
    derby.properties.

I think this is a reasonable fix, as derby.drda.logConnections seems
like an appropriate property to use to control this log message.

Can you please have a look at this change and consider whether it would
be acceptable to incorporate back into the main source?

thanks,

bryan