db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for change in test harness & security manager
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:44:44 GMT
Francois Orsini wrote:

> Sounds great Dan. Just have a few questions.
>
> - So you're basically thinking of superceding the current nwsvr.policy
> file witha new one that has jars specific security restrictions, right?

and then moving on to running all tests under a security manager.

> In any case, it would be good to update the admin manual and make
> mention of the new security policies as example.

Yep, more documentation is needed here. The embedded has a section of
which permissions are required and why, whereas the network server only
has examples.

> - Have we tested running Derby with the nwsvr.policy file in a CDC
> environment? It should work but am just wondering - CLDC, however does
> not support security policies (from what I remember) since it relies on
> the Sandbox model.

Good point, I will ensure that this (CDC) is tested before I enable
embedded tests under the security manager.

Dan.