db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for change in test harness & security manager
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2005 22:10:19 GMT
TomohitoNakayama wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Just to confirm my understanding ....
>
> I read your proposal as defining security policies for each jar files.

Correct.

> Does the proposal assume that the same jar file is always executed in
> same security environments in the test ?

My goal is to ensure that running derbyall tests all Derby's
functionality works with a security manager and a correctly, minimally
configured policy file. By minimally I mean just the fewset set of
permissions required, hopefully in-line with the documentation. E.g. a
policy file that allowed all permissions would work but would not be a
good test of Derby.

Other tests could be added with different policy files, or run existing
tests with a different policy file, like some tests are run with
encryption as well as without encryption. Some enhancments would be
needed to the test harness for this. I'm not scratching that itch,
though I believe nothing I doing would stop such development.

Thanks,
Dan.