db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: jdbcapi/checkDriver.java fails
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 15:20:22 GMT
Ole Solberg wrote:
> Looking at last weeks reports on
> http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/index.html I observe that
> jdbcapi/checkDriver.java fails in derbyall (and derbynetclientmats).
>
> This occurs on all platforms *except* Windows/cygwin.
>
> Seems like this started between 292491 and 292931.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?
>
> Looking at the test run directory
> derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/DerbyNetClient/jdbcapi/checkDriver/ I
> see strange directory names like ' and " (i.e single quote and double
> quote) and 'wombat' and "wombat".

I would guess this is the result of the patch for DERBY-374.  New test cases for
that issue try to create databases with names that are enclosed in quotes, which
means the test tries to create directories with quoted names.  The result of
trying doing so is different on different platforms--that thought occurred to me
at one point while reviewing the patch, but it then slipped my mind.

Deepa, would it be possible to rewrite the new test cases to leave off the
"create=true" attribute?  I think we'd still be testing what we want to
test--namely, that the urls having quotes are still processed correctly--but we
we would avoid trying to create directories with quoted names and thus the
behavior would (hopefully) be the same across platforms...

Am I correct in thinking that would resolve this issue?
Army