db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: updatable resultSet
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 19:26:20 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Looks like we are talking about two different issues. I meant to reply
to another thread that asked about scrollable cursors and large objects:<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-user/200510.mbox/%3c4342312E.600@nuix.com.au%3e">http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-user/200510.mbox/%3c4342312E.600@nuix.com.au%3e</a><br>
Satheesh<br>
Veaceslav Chicu wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">DERBY-605

maybe someone can reformulate this

I tried in embeded mode it doesn't scroll and update
I have not much free time now, I can help testing

Slavic

Satheesh Bandaram wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I am also willing to help anyone interested in enhancing Derby to
support this.

Kathey Marsden wrote:

    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Currently, we do not have large object locators  (DERBY-208) and
I think
that is a prerequisite for this feature.

      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">While adding large object locators would be a great thing for Derby,
wondering if there is any way to implement this without locators. Since
embedded driver is able to support scrollable cursors with large
objects, would it be possible to expose this through network
server/client, even if large objects need to be materialized on the
client? I am willing to help enhance Derby Client side, which may be the
easy part. :-)

Large object locators have many other usages too, so these are good to
consider at sometime.

Satheesh

    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Large objects are
materialized on the client which is a big issue and not just for for
scrollable cursors.

Kathey

      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">