db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: updatable resultSet
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 17:25:42 GMT
I am also willing to help anyone interested in enhancing Derby to
support this.

Kathey Marsden wrote:

>Currently, we do not have large object locators  (DERBY-208) and I think
>that is a prerequisite for this feature.

While adding large object locators would be a great thing for Derby,
wondering if there is any way to implement this without locators. Since
embedded driver is able to support scrollable cursors with large
objects, would it be possible to expose this through network
server/client, even if large objects need to be materialized on the
client? I am willing to help enhance Derby Client side, which may be the
easy part. :-)

Large object locators have many other usages too, so these are good to
consider at sometime.

Satheesh