db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: 10.1.2 update
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 14:56:19 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:

>Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> writes:
>

>>Hello derby-dev
>>
>>I updated my  10.1.2 release status at
>>http://people.apache.org/~kmarsden/tenOneTwoRelease.html
>>Take a look at this page for a link to the release notes and other info
>>on the release.
>>Thanks to all our bug fixers.     We've fixed 26 bugs already  for
>>10.1.2!
>>
>>There are currently 5 issues outstanding for 10.1.2 for Army, Knut and Jeff
>>http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=10594&fixfor=12310270
>>
>>Questions
>>    Do  all  the open 10.1.2 bugs look like they'll make it for 10.1.2?
>>

>DERBY-504 and DERBY-557 can be committed. Merge commands:
>
>  DERBY-504:
>
>    svn merge -r 267238:267239 https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk
>    (updates the j9_13 and j9_22 canons, but I haven't tested them)
>
>  DERBY-557:
>
>    svn merge -r 289538:289539 https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk

Thanks Knut,

I will merge, try out j9 for the new canons  and commit.    These will
be valuable quality improvements for 10.1.  Memory leaks like  DERBY-557
can be really hard to diagnose in an end user application, so it is
great to know there will be lots of users who will never see this one.
I hope you will consider DERBY-550 next. I also  hope some of  the other
great engineers there  in Norway will choose to fix a bug or two for
10.1.2 as well.

Kathey