db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: updatable resultSet
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 13:51:34 GMT
Veaceslav Chicu wrote:

>in embeded environement this works?
>
>so no chanses to see this working in derby?

Sure there is a chance.  As Dan always says,  it's software, we can do
anything we want.  All we need is someone to do the work.   I am not
sure even if there is a  Jira entry for this one even though it is
listed as a limitation in the documentation,  so checking Jira and
filing an issue if it is not there, would be an excellent place for you
to start.  If you are not quite prepared to implement this feature
yourself,  also very helpful would be to  identify existing tests  or
write new ones which run against embedded and can be used to test this
feature and at least start researching an implementation strategy.   I
bet there are other folks who are interested in this feature that might
be willing to help out if you get the ball rolling.

Currently, we do not have large object locators  (DERBY-208) and I think
that is a prerequisite for this feature.   Large objects are
materialized on the client which is a big issue and not just for for
scrollable cursors.

Kathey