db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: updatable resultSet
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 22:10:11 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I believe it is by design... Current Derby Network server and/or client
needs to be enhanced to support this. Kathey Marsden may have more info
on this.<br>
Would it be possible to use FORWARD_ONLY cursors and issue a direct
update SQL statement to update the rows? May need a way to uniquely
identify the row in the base table. Any other ideas for workaround?<br>
Satheesh<br>
Veaceslav Chicu wrote:
  <pre wrap="">it's difficult to support updatable scrollable cursors?
it's by design?

thank you,
Slavic

Q2: Does DB2 UDB V8 support updatable scrollable cursors?

A2: Updatable scrollable cursors are supported using the Universal JDBC
drivers in DB2 UDB V8.1. If you are using DB2 UDB for Linux, UNIX, and
Windows v7.x, then you can use the legacy/CLI drivers and the
setCursorName APIs to simulate updatable scrollable cursors. We
recommend that you migrate to the Universal JDBC driver.

Veaceslav Chicu wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">why derby don't support other types?
JTable want to scroll and update

I can't do such a simple application?

I want an simple updatable table with gui, how can I do it?
2.000.000 rows in the database

is this possible? any ideas?
jdk 1.5

Slavic

Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:

    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Veaceslav Chicu <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:cs@infologic.fr">&lt;cs@infologic.fr&gt;</a>
writes:

      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">Hello,

why this is not working?
PreparedStatement st = conn.prepareStatement("select person_id,
name, surname from tiers.person for update",
ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE, ResultSet.CONCUR_UPDATABLE);
rs.setObject(1, "aaa");
rs.updateRow();

in embeded mode?
        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">
Derby only supports forward-only updatable result sets. If you don't
need a scrollable result set, try the following:

 conn.prepareStatement("select ... for update",
                       ResultSet.TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY,