db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Snapshot target questions and feedback
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 17:08:25 GMT
Hello Andrew (and all who care about snapshots)

I was using the snapshot target  that you  documented at:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease

A couple things I noticed.

1) The target does not include the CHANGES file.
2)  You cannot update to a specific revision and make a snapshot of
that revision.
     What happens is that the revison comes out in the format xxxxx:yyyyy
      and it says that the target is up to date but no jars are made.
      I think it would be good to be able to make a snapshot for
revisions on which we have some known results.
      At the very least it should fail with an error instead of saying
everything is up to date.

And a question:

Is it necessary to sign snapshot distributions?

Thanks

Kathey