db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Beginner question about building Derby myself
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:12:42 GMT

On Oct 10, 2005, at 3:50 PM, Bryan Pendleton wrote:

> Yes, you are exactly right. Re-building with debug=false in
> my ant.properties causes me to get jar files that are basically
> identical in size to the ones from the binary distribution.
>
> May I suggest that a paragraph about "debug=true/false" be added
> to section 3.2 of
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/BUILDING.txt,
> as I completely was unaware that I could set a debug property in
> my ant.properties file.

The debug property should be set by Ant properly based on the value
of the sane property, by the loading of either sanetrue.properties or
sanefalse.properties (in tools/ant/properties). It should not be
necessary to set debug=false and also sane=false to get the proper
behavior.

There were recently two problems regarding the sanity state that were
fixed, revision 234508 (DERBY-527) and revision 225581. These fixes
should be ported to the 10.1 branch, and I suspect one of them is the
cause of Bryan's original problem.

andrew