db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Dag H. Wanvik" <Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Grant and Revoke ... DERBY-464...
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:38:59 GMT

Hi again,

>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel John Debrunner <djd@debrunners.com> wrote:

Daniel> Those "silly newbie questions" are actually good for the list and for
Daniel> building the community. By only asking them within yourselves, only
Daniel> three people have learnt the internals of Derby. Instead if you had
Daniel> asked them on the list then many more people would have had the chance
Daniel> to learn about Derby. In addition the questions and *answers* are there
Daniel> in the archives, and searchable by Google.
Daniel>
Daniel> I don't see any technical discussions/questions/answers as noise on the
Daniel> list, the dev list is for precisely for that purpose. If we get repeated
Daniel> questions about something, then it's a good indication we are not doing
Daniel> a good job of informing people, either through writing good code
Daniel> comments, design docs, user docs, etc. etc. It's useful (indirect)
Daniel> feedback on the quality on the Derby project as a whole.

I agree with this and is good to know that you see it the same way. I,
and others I think, may have been erring on the side of caution, I
acknowledge that. Some of us may be a bit too sensitive when some
questions to the list go unanswered ;-)

Dag