db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] website alpha docs old (April 2005)?
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:41:02 GMT

On Oct 13, 2005, at 9:28 AM, scott hutinger wrote:

> I downloaded the gettingstarted alpha pdf, and it had a build tag
> date of
> Derby Document build: 2005-04-12T11:30PST : 12 April 2005
>
> In fact, ALL the alpha docs are dated April 2005.

Weird. The timestamp stopped updating.

> 1) Can we update the Docs?
> 2) When are the Docs built and published?

Docs and javadoc are built nightly and published to the website
around midnight. Check out the timestamps on the directories: http://
db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/

And you can see that the fix for DERBY-544 is reflected at: http://
db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/adminguide/cadminappsclienttracing.html

> Can we fix or get something in place that will fix this problem in
> the future?

I need to figure out why the PDF timestamps are frozen at April 12,
2005. That's pretty odd. :-) The docs themselves are up to date.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

andrew