On Sep 19, 2005, at 12:47 PM, Rick Hillegas wrote:

I would like to propose that we include JUnit as part of the required toolkit for Derby developers. Going forward, this will allow developers to write assertion-based tests. For the moment, this will not change the existing test harness.

-0

On the grounds that there's no reason to do so, yet. If someone would like to start writing Junit tests, there's nothing to stop them from doing so. If they contributed them to the codebase, I doubt they would be refused. Since we'd need to vote on such a contribution anyway, as it involves a change to current policy regarding checkins, couldn't we just deal with this when the new test code is contributed?

andrew