db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM (Øystein Grøvlen)
Subject Re: Optimizer overrides - functional spec
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:39:35 GMT

I have a question about the following:

        If the user will not follow --PROPERTIES syntax for specifying
        the optimizer overrides, parser will simply treat them as
        comments and ignore them. So, be careful with the syntax,
        don't leave any blanks between -- and PROPERTIES. The
        parser can always be modified to be more flexible about this
        syntax but this is what I am shooting for at this point.

Does this mean that if I have corretly written "--PROPERTIES ..", but
makes some other syntax errors later in the comment, that such errors
will not be reported, or is this only about not putting a space
between "--" and "PROPERTIES"?

--
Øystein