db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc bug?] saving ij output to a file
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 23:09:51 GMT
You're right, this does not work. What does work is redirecting, of course,
like so:
syntax:
java
-Djdbc.drivers=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
org.apache.derby.tools.ij <myscript.sql> >
<myoutput.txt>
 example:
C:\derbytest>java
-Djdbc.drivers=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
org.apache.derby.tools.ij createderbydb.sql > output.txt
 Or, as you said, using ij.outfile:
java
-Dij.outfile=output.out -Djdbc.drivers=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver