db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Require JUnit jar to build Derby, was: JUnit license, was: subversion etiquette
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 23:58:44 GMT

On Sep 19, 2005, at 12:47 PM, Rick Hillegas wrote:

> I would like to propose that we include JUnit as part of the
> required toolkit for Derby developers. Going forward, this will
> allow developers to write assertion-based tests. For the moment,
> this will not change the existing test harness.

-0

On the grounds that there's no reason to do so, yet. If someone would
like to start writing Junit tests, there's nothing to stop them from
doing so. If they contributed them to the codebase, I doubt they
would be refused. Since we'd need to vote on such a contribution
anyway, as it involves a change to current policy regarding checkins,
couldn't we just deal with this when the new test code is contributed?

andrew