db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Francois Orsini <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharing code
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 18:53:00 GMT
I think it would be pretty heavy to have to check a version on every
interface (in this model, an interface is not just a java interface as
described previously) - The CommonVersion class might work but you still
need to ensure it gets loaded before _other_ actual (common) interfaces;
otherwise you could still get into a situation where version check would not
happen, leading to unexpected (interface) errors as some of the interfaces
could be accessed very early on during start-up. Not a blocker I think, just
pointing that out...

--francois