db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Lichtman <swa...@rcn.com>
Subject Re: Optimizer overrides - functional spec
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 07:28:37 GMT

>I am looking at implementing optimizer overrides in Derby for 10.2
>release. Derby engine in fact already supports some optimizer
>overrides but they are not user visible. I have attached the
>functional spec for more information. Let me know if anyone has any comments.

I assume that since the override syntax will be in comments, any
override must be at the end of a line. For example:

FROM --PROPERTIES joinOrder = FIXED
     tab1, tab2, tab3

would work, but:

FROM --PROPERTIES joinOrder = FIXED tab1, tab2, tab3

would not work. Is that correct? If so, I think it should be
explained in the functional spec.

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 swazoo@rcn.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/