db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.1.2 Release status page
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:17:27 GMT
On 9/19/05, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Nightly builds would be nice, but a snapshot would provide a clear
> download location for users I think and at least an indication that it
> had passed regression tests, but maybe we better get the versioning
> stuff straightened out first.    Our current system  is problematic in
> that sysinfo output does not  match our fix version and it won't really
> be clear what has been fixed in the snapshot vs the final release.

Hmm, this would be my fault. The version should have been bumped after
each release and I neglected to do that immediately after the last
release. Also, I merged the issues with 10.1.1.1 FixIns to 10.1.2.0.
While that was a probably a good idea, in order to target more bugs at
the 10.1.2.0, it looks like removing the 10.1.1.1 release from JIRA
might have been a mistake as well, since we can't mark bugs as fixed
in 10.1.1.1.

I'll bump the branch to 10.1.1.1, in preparation for posting the
snapshot, after which I'll bump it to 10.1.1.2. If we get to 10.1.2.0
without posting another snapshot, we can merge anything with a
10.1.1.2 FixIn to 10.1.2.0.

Sound good?

andrew