db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with svn merge svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 19:09:07 GMT
On 9/2/05, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I don't see a way with svn to apply the merge markers only without merging the actual
> change.   Is such a thing possible with svn?

Considering that svn doesn't actually track merges, the answer is no.
>From the book:

Like CVS, Subversion does not yet record any information about merge
operations. When you commit local modifications, the repository has no
idea whether those changes came from running svn merge, or from just
hand-editing the files.

Notice the 'yet' in that statement. Eventually, someday, svn may track
merges. As of this moment, it does not.

cheers,
andrew