db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with svn merge svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 18:05:52 GMT
On 9/1/05, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> $ svn merge -r 219264:219265
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk
> svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
> svn:
> Cannot replace a directory from within
>
> Any ideas?

The problem is that at revision 219264, db/derby/code/trunk didn't
exist, we were still in the incubator. Unfortunately, the merge
doesn't seem to work with the incubator URL either, at least for me,
because the incubator dir no longer exists, even though we want to
merge something from a revision where it did exist (svn bug?)

Your best bet is probably to just reapply the original patch to the 10.1 branch.

andrew