db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bugs and 10.1.2 release
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 22:27:40 GMT

On Sep 1, 2005, at 3:14 PM, Kathey Marsden wrote:

> Regarding release manager, I'd be willing to post periodic  metrics
> about bugs etc, and offer any support I can,  but would rather be in a
> supporting role  as the mechanics of making a release are a bit of a
> mystery to me.  Andrew would you be willing to take on  release
> manager
> job for 10.1.2?  I'd be happy to help with subtasks. I could be
> sort of
> a release manager's apprentice.

Hi Kathey,

Funny you should ask, I'm in the middle of writing up a doc on the
release process from end to end. This will be a good opportunity to
test and review the instructions as you go along and we can make sure
that nothing was missed.

So yes, I'll certainly help out with it as the process goes along.

The first thing to do would be to target the bugs you want fixed in
the release in JIRA. I've created a 10.1.2  release in JIRA and moved
all the 10.1.1.1 bugs to be targeted for 10.1.2.

Speaking of versioning, this should probably be a separate mail,
perhaps with a vote, but I like the idea that you proposed before:
that a committer can bump the final version number if they are
committing small fixes to the branch, and that larger bug-fix-rollup
releases like 10.1.2 should be the level at which we are tracking
versions in JIRA, in STATUS, and elsewhere. If there's consensus for
that, I can work on writing ant targets for bumping the version
number and automatically dealing with the associated test diffs, etc.

andrew