db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject 10.1 snapshot
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:34:06 GMT
I  am getting ready to post a snapshot for 10.1 and have a couple questions.

1) What should the  README file say.

Right now the README says we are in incubation on both the trunk and
10.1 and doesn't seem to have much else in the way of content.  What
should it say now?

Derby is an effort undergoing incubation at the Apache Software Foundation
(ASF), sponsored by the Apache DB project. Incubation is required of all
newly accepted projects until a further review indicates that the
infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have stabilized
in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While incubation
status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of
the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by
the ASF.

2)  Anyone have any objections to removing these two snapshots to avoid
confusion.
Speak up or they're gone. http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html

*Version 10.1 alpha incubator snapshot*
*Version 10.0 incubator snapshot*