db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <kar...@Source-Zone.Org>
Subject Platforms/jdks on which Derby is tested ( was Re: VOTE:Require JUnit jar to build Derby)
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 19:01:08 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>I think the caveat is really that any such checkin should not cause a
>regression, namely derbyall does run on a number of platforms with its
>current set of tests. It would be a regression if a new testing scheme
>stopped my current ability to run the *existing* tests on z-series or
>any other platform where the tests run today.
>
>Of course it would be good to document which platforms Derby is running
>tests sucessfully on, seems like a good wiki page.
>
>Dan.

Derby tests are run on a variety of platform/jdk combinations.
Documenting on the db wiki such a list, is a wonderful idea.
I have compiled the following list of platforms and jdks where Derby
tests have been successfully run (or being planned)
based on the posts to the *derby-dev* mailing list and the current plans
within our group.

Please feel free to add to this  if I have missed any platform/jdk
combination.

-Rajesh

Sun (jdk15) and IBM (Java sdk142) - both:
================================

    - Windows 2000
    - Windows XP
    - Windows 2003 Server
    - Windows 2003 Server - 64 bit (in process)
    - SLES 9.0
    - Suse Pro 9.1
    - Suse Pro 9.2
    - RHEL 3.0
    - RHEL 4.0
    - RHEL 4.0 - 64 bit (in process)

Sun JDK only
================
    jdk15
    ------
    - SunOS-5.9 (sparc)
    - SunOS 5.10 (i386)
    - SunOS 5.10 (sparc)
    - Windows 2000 CYGWIN (i686)
    - Linux-2.4.19-4GB_i686
    - Linux-2.4.20-31.9_i686-i686
    - Linux-2.4.21-27.ELsmp_i686-athlon
    - Linux-2.4.21-27.ELsmp_i686-i686

IBM Java SDK only
============
    sdk131
    ------
    AIX 5.2

    sdk 142
    ------
    - AIX 5.2
    - Fedora Release 3
    - zSeries - zOS v1R6 (in process)
    - zSeries - ZLinux (Linux 2.4.19) (planned)
    - iSeries - I5/OS v5R3 (planned)
    - iSeries - OS/400 v5R2 (planned)

    wsdd5.6
    --------