db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: 10.1.2 Release status page
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:43:49 GMT
Ole Solberg wrote:
> I now put snapshots of our nightly builds used for regression testing on
> http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/snapshots/ .

Hi, Ole,

I think it's terrific for you to provide these. Just one caveat. After
attending Cliff Schmidt's session at ApacheCon on "Licensing: What Every
Apache Committer Should Know", I think we need to be careful about using
the Apache logo on websites outside Apache unless we have obtained
explicit permission from the ASF to do so. Cliff went to some trouble to
explain that while the ASL 2.0 license allows free redistribution of
software, the same does not hold for trademarks and logos. Usage of
those require explicit permission.

I'll see if Cliff has made his presentation available anywhere and, if
not, ask if he'd mind me making it available on the derby site.

  -jean