db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Modular build, was: VOTE: Approach for sharing code
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 04:23:45 GMT
David W. Van Couvering wrote:
> This proposal was based on the assumption that our common code would
> *never* be exposed to the outside world.
>
> I also never claimed that we should apply this solution to third-party
> components.  That's a fish I don't think we need to fry right now.

Although I do want to remind us all that, based on Dan's email a while
back, the JDK itself encountered the mixed version problem and solved/is
solving it through package renaming...

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200509.mbox/%3c43275363.6000503@debrunners.com%3e

"The future plan is to rename the org.apache.** packages to be something
like com.sun.org.apache.** to fix this problem."