db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: 10.1.2 Release status page
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 03:18:19 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> Hmm, this would be my fault. The version should have been bumped after
> each release and I neglected to do that immediately after the last
> release. Also, I merged the issues with FixIns to
> While that was a probably a good idea, in order to target more bugs at
> the, it looks like removing the release from JIRA
> might have been a mistake as well, since we can't mark bugs as fixed
> in
> I'll bump the branch to, in preparation for posting the
> snapshot, after which I'll bump it to If we get to
> without posting another snapshot, we can merge anything with a
> FixIn to
> Sound good?

What do you mean by "merge" in this case?

I would say that if the version of the 10.1 branch is then a
fix should result in the bug being marked as fixed in '
(unreleased version)'. Ie. correctly represent the version of when the
bug was fixed.

Once 10.1.2 is released (or maybe a release candidate) then any bugs
fixed in 10.1 since the last release could *also* be marked fixed in
'10.1.2 (released version)', not replace the fixin of This
additional fixin is to link the bugs with the release and helps the
release notes generation.

Changing history of a bug tracking system is generally a thing to avoid.

View raw message