db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: 10.1.2 Release status page
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 23:35:46 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

>> 2) Can we make a snapshot release this week. (Maybe tomorrow if
>> tonight's run is clean)?  It would be good to make some of the fixes
>> available  for early testing.
>

> Sure, although wouldn't it be preferable to get nightly builds going?
> I think David was going to do that, David let me know if you need
> help with the details on how to automatically push things to the
> website.

Nightly builds would be nice, but a snapshot would provide a clear
download location for users I think and at least an indication that it
had passed regression tests, but maybe we better get the versioning
stuff straightened out first.    Our current system  is problematic in
that sysinfo output does not  match our fix version and it won't really
be clear what has been fixed in the snapshot vs the final release.

Thanks

Kathey