db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JUnit license, was: subversion etiquette]
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:00:34 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> Well, there is TestNG:
>
> http://testng.org/doc/
> https://testng.dev.java.net/

   [snip]

> The downside is that it doesn't support JDK 1.3, and I'm guessing it
> doesn't support J2ME either (but then neither does Junit).

Can you explain why JUnit does not support J2ME?

Derby itself supports J2ME CDC (Connected Device Configuration), but not
  CLDC (Connected Limited Device Configuration). As far as I know, both
Derby and JUnit uses Java reflection, which is supported on CDC, but not
on CLDC. Thus, the fact that reflection is used by the JUnit framework
should not be an issue. Do you know of any other issues with JUnit on
J2ME CDC?

--
John H. Embretsen

Sun Microsystems,