db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: JUnit license, was: subversion etiquette]
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:40:13 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> Thanks Jean, David, and Francois for your suggestion that I amend
> BUILDING.txt. Now I'm back to an etiquette question: I'm hoping to check
> in a JUnit assertion-based test. Since the test needs JUnit to build, my
> patch will break everyone's build: they will have to download the junit
> jar themselves. This could annoy a lot of folks. What is the etiquette
> for breaking the build this way?

I think a vote would be needed to accept the patch.

Currently Derby's testing policy is its own harness, you seem to be
suggesting some change, but it's not clear what.

What's the expectation here, that these Junit tests need to be run
before any commit, in addition to derbyall? Or that they are separate
tests run by those that care to, like the current upgrade tests?

If they are required to be run, then are you providing a single command
that executes both derbyall and the junit tests?

Dan.