db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: VOTE: Approach for sharing code
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:57:21 GMT
OK, smileys aside, I think this case is different because they are
dealing with (a) third-party code that may be upgraded independently
and  (b) something that is bundled into J2SE.  We aren't bundling into
J2SE and we won't allow independent upgrades of our common code.  So I
am not convinced we have to go through this exercise.  Also, the mixed
version issue is an *edge case* with us, whereas for them it's likely a
very common case.

Thanks,

David