db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Little whine about an error message
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:20:51 GMT
When I mistype 'join' as 'joing', the error message that I
get actually complains about the word 'left'. It ought to,
in my opinion, complain about the word 'joing', since that
is truly the word with the syntax error in it.

ij> select * from t1 left outer joing t2 on t1.c2=t2.c1;
ERROR 42X01: Syntax error: Encountered "left" at line 1, column 18.

I don't know if this is a PITA to fix or not, but I thought
I'd send it along anyway since it was so easy to reproduce.

thanks,

bryan